As a Tournament Director, you have numerous aspects to your responsibilities. Often you are a volunteer and this is just another “task” on a never ending “To Do List”! We understand the time and personal commitment it takes to organize and oversee a tournament. Our services are designed to help you stay focused on the other aspects involved in being a Tournament Director. We have been assisting the Texas Lighting Soccer Club run their prestigious Tournaments since 1996 as well as other soccer clubs and we know exactly what it takes to make your event a success!
Our Services can be customized to suit your needs as follows:
- Professional Planning – Recommend, coordinate and assist in locating hotel rooms for out of town teams, set up registration site, make arrangements for ice, golf cars, tents, concessions, porta potties, radios, t-shirts, awards…whatever your needs are!
- Negotiate Best Rates – Our 20 plus years of Hotel and Event Planning experience & negotiations enable us to get as low a price as possible for hotel guest rooms for out of town teams, banquet and meeting space for registration and food functions along with other vendors associated with a sporting event.
- Arrange Team Hotel Accommodations – Room blocks will be set up and easy to understand hotel information will be posted on club website. We will assist teams in making their hotel arrangements by confirming hotel availability, providing teams with rooming list forms while working closely with the hotels and team manager/coach to make sure hotel policies are carefully explained to ensure a pleasant stay for your guests.
- Fund Raiser – Organize a fund raiser for your Sports Tournament (Ask for details).
- Manage Event – Assist Tournament Director with managing overall event by creating a Task List to make sure the committee volunteers understand their job assignments, assist with administrative duties, make arrangements with outside vendors, assist with registration…just let us know what needs to be done!
- Hotel Contract Review – Review your contract, not as a legal advisor, but to ensure all details are in order and to determine prevailing industry standards to help ensure your protection.
- Food & Beverage Recommendations – With a hotel Catering & Sales background, Event Connections will review your food & beverage needs and see what steps can be taken to help minimize your costs. Tremendous savings are possible!
“I have worked with Event Connections on various soccer events for the past 9 years. I rely on Babette’s outstanding organizational skills, her overall knowledge of the many facets of coordinating a complete and professional event and most of all for her ability to work with all different groups and types of people, always doing all possible to achieve her goal and 100% of their satisfaction. As you can see, I depend heavily on Babette and greatly appreciate and admire her work ethic and attitude. I would recommend Event Connections to anyone for any event and know without a doubt it will be a success.” – Kathy Rudd, Soccer Tournament Director